Monday, December 19, 2005

Ten Random Things About Me

The "Ten Random Things" meme has, apparently, reached me. So:

1. My favourite colour is red.

2. I have no sense of direction. No, really - none.

3. I had two letters read on CBC's Morningside, and I once convinced Peter Gzowski to autograph a book to "Gran" - mine, not his.

4. I could read before I could walk.

5. I know almost all the words to all the songs in The Sound of Music.

6. I'm told I could eat nothing but eggs for the first few months of my life, and now the sight of a boiled or fried or scrambled egg makes me nauseated.

7. I'm just the sort of person who insists on the distinction between "nauseated" and "nauseous."

8. I have a terrible habit of "telling a movie" the way most people tell a story - as in, the whole thing: scene changes, dialogue, stage business. Ask my brothers. It drives them nuts.

9. I have never broken a limb - but I've had it done professionally (doctors, that is, not mobsters).

10. I gave moxywoman her copy of the Riddlemaster trilogy, the three volumes of which together form one of my favourite books, now available again in a one-volume paperback.