Wednesday, July 13, 2005

British Resolve

I don't really know what to think about the bombings in London last week. It's a terrible thing to happen to any city, and my heart goes out to the families of those lost or injured, and I hope anyone not in London, near or far, has been able to reach loved ones since the train bombings.

I really have to wonder about those responsible for the attacks. Not to take such a thing lightly, but Londoners have a well-earned reputation not only for bearing up under circumstances like this, but for the being the sort of people in whom just this kind of adversity brings out the deepest-rooted survival instinct. Londoners have a core of pure steel. For all I know, it's genetically encoded in them. I mean, really, have these mad bombers heard of the Blitz?

Three cheers for London-town! Surviving the Roman Empire, the Plague, the Great Fire, the Nazis, and, let's face it, whatever the 21st century is going to throw at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home